Saturday, November 6, 2010

Mrs. Field's Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies

These cookies were everything you expect from a good bakery cookie - thick, chewy and chunky. I can't really say how these stack up against the authentic Mrs. Field's cookies since the only place I have seen Mrs. Field's cookies in my corner of the world (Vancouver, BC) are packaged on the shelves of the grocery store. However, I *CAN* say that they are a cookie worth making. With the upcoming holiday season, white chocolate and cranberries are a popular flavor combination and they take center stage in these cookies both in appearance and in taste. The chunkier the chocolate, the better!

This recipe is also part of the Copycat Club, a club that I started in October 2010 that I would love for you to take part in. Please check out the link to the club and check back tomorrow for the monthly Copycat round-up!

Mrs. Field's Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies
2 dozen

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
1 cup walnuts, chopped
3/4 cup white chocolate chunks

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream together butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
2. Combine all dry ingredients except for cranberries, nuts and chocolate. Stir dry ingredients into butter mixture then add the berries, nuts, chocolate.
3. Drop onto cookie sheets and bake for 15-19 minutes or until edges are just beginning to brown. They will still be soft in the centre and will seem underdone when they first come out of the oven, but when they cool they will have slightly crispy edges and soft, gooey centres.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

White chocolate and cranberry is perfect for this time of the year. It's a great combo. I've had a few of her creations but I haven't had these yet. They sound amazing! Can't wait to see the round-up tomorrow! You should have 2 links from me Tia, you never replied to my email so I hope you got my latest link.

scrambledhenfruit said...

I make a similar cookie with white chocolate, oatmeal and cranberries- it's a great combination. I'll have to try your recipe-it looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

Mm mm! Looks good! Got to try them for the holidays.

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

This combination sounds incredible!!!

Anonymous said...

Delicious! I also used McCann's quick-cook steel cut Irish Oatmeal and eliminated the walnuts. It has a nutty flavor of its own! These are rainy weather busters...yum!