Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bagel Chips



What a great way to use up bagels! These were inspired by Stacey's Bagel Chips or NY Deli Bagel Chips. I like the fact that they can be made with any kind of bagel and seasoning mixture. The ones here are blueberry bagels and cinnamon/sugar. They are shatteringly crisp and will satisfy a any cravings for crunch that you may have.

Try serving them with this super addictive Caramel Cheesecake Dip (this dip is also amazing with apples).



Bagel Chips

Bagels
Butter, softened
Cinnamon & Sugar (for sweet)
OR Garlic Powder & Herbs (for savory)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Slice bagels thinly. Melt butter and combine with either cinnamon sugar or garlic and herb. Brush bagels lightly with butter and place on large rimmed baking sheet.

3. Bake, rotating and turning bagel chips with tongs every 5 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Store airtight.

5 comments:

Belinda Y. Hughes said...

Tia, these sound scrumptious! I think I'll do the savory with garlic powder and oregano, and use a layered cheesy pizza dip recipe from Pampered Chef.

Jackie said...

Yum. This sound really delicious. I will have to run to the store for bagels, just to try these out. Thanks for posting.

Deborah said...

What a great idea!! I don't think I would have ever thought to make my own bagel chips!

Anonymous said...

I want to make these so bad!

How do you slice them so thin? I just end up mangling them.

Mari said...

I have done these savory too, with garlic n herbs. The hardest part is slicing this thin, do you have a secret how to do?