Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pudding Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies



The secret ingredient that makes (and keeps) these cookies chewy is the instant pudding mix. I recommend using butterscotch for the caramel undertones and deepened flavor. I used mini m & m's in these cookies and made them bitesized for my son to bring for snack in his lunchbox.



Pudding Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 24

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoons baking soda
1 cups butter, softened
3/4 cups packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 (3.4 oz) pkg instant butterscotch (or vanilla) pudding mix
2 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract (yes, tablespoon)
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.

2.In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

3.Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Edges should be golden brown.

3 comments:

Charlie said...

Save me one and I'll let everyone know how good they are! I can be your official taste tester.

Cindy said...

Mini M&M's make everything delicious! I'm always looking for a new cookie recipe. This looks yummy.

Nickki said...

Now I really like the sound of these! Using pudding mix in cookies is new to me but they look amazing and I'd love to try it.