Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pink Cake Mix Cookies



In keeping with my very busy schedule, I now present to you another super-quick and easy recipe:Cake Mix Cookies!

What could be cuter than pink cookies? These are made with a strawberry cake mix, but you can use any cake mix and add food coloring if you like. I also added white chocolate chips, which really made these cookies stand out. For the best taste, I usually go for butter flavored or yellow cake mix. This time I opted for strawberry to up the fun-factor. I have made this recipe countless times. I actually make more cookies from cake mixes than I do cakes! They may not be the prettiest looking baked good but they are really really tasty. Oh yeah, added bonus: they are the chewy type of cookie too!

Cake Mix Cookies
Makes 24 | Adapted from Food.com

1 (18.25 oz) cake mix (any flavor)
3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
1 large egg
2 tablespoons milk (evaporated milk if you have it)
1 cup chocolate/white chocolate chips (optional)
food coloring (optional)

In a large bowl mix cake mix, butter, egg and milk. Shape dough in a ball. Chill for 2 hours. Roll out to 1/8 inch thick on a floured surface. Cut out with a floured cookie cutters. Place 2" apart on a cookie sheet that has been very lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 375 degrees F for 6-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love making cake cookies--somehow the texture always comes out amazing! These are very cute, Tia :)

Anonymous said...

woah these look and sound amazing! i always keep a boxed cake mix or two in my pantry just in case ... can't wait to test these out! :)

Barbara Bakes said...

Such a fun cookie idea. Everything's always better with chocolate!

Val said...

These are so pretty. I have to make them for my daughter. Her favorite color is pink!