Sunday, May 30, 2010

Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins





This was a nice small-sized recipe adapted from America's Test Kitchen. They use an 8" square pan but I made muffins and got 8 from the recipe. These had tons of banana flavor peppered with burts of chocolate. They probably leaned closer to being a cupcake than a muffin, lol. If you want to be healthier, just leave out the chocolate or swap for nuts. Simple, fast, tasty, perfect for lunchbox planning.

Maybe this makes me seem odd but I'll say it anyway. I am genuinely happy to know when others eat and enjoy the food I make, even if I'm not there to 'witness' it or to hear any compliments from it. Even the simple fact of knowing that my son will be eating a muffin at preschool which I have baked with love makes me feel closer to him. And of course it doesn't hurt when he proclaims to the world, "I love my mommy's cooking. She makes good bread." Way to make my day!

Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins
Makes 12 | America's Test Kitchen

2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup (2 lg.) mashed bananas
1 cup (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chunks/chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8" square pan or line 8 muffin cups. Combine flour, powder and salt.
2. Cream together butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and mashed bananas until well combined. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and combine. Stir in chocolate chips and scrape into prepared pan.
3. Bake 45-55 minutes (35-45 for muffins) or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool before removing from pan.

5 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

These really look delicious. I found your blog by chance and had intended only to say hello before moving on. I, instead, started reading your prior posts and stayed far longer than I planned. I really like your recipes. I'll be back as often as I can to see what you've been cooking. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Unknown said...

Just beautiful :)

Joanne said...

Let's just call them muffins so that I could have them for breakfast, k? They look awesome!

Natalie said...

your son is too sweet-love it! I just made a banana choc bundt cake this weekend...but I'm still considering it healthy enough to eat for breakfast ;)

Jacqueline said...

I have just discovered your blog and I think you are great! I made these muffins twice this week..I think they are one of my best muffins! Keep up the good work, I will be one of your followers!!