Tuesday, October 4, 2011

TWD: Apple Nut Muffin Cake



This week's Tuesdays with Dorie pick by Katrina of Baking and Boys blog. Katrina is an amazing cook and her site is full of wonderful recipes. She is also a sweetheart blogger who I have "known" for a few years now through TWD. Thanks for this yummy pick Katrina!!! Find the recipe for this cake on her blog.

So, I got back from my NY vacation two days ago and I am so sad to be back. Just like with any vacation, it is hard coming back to all the pressures of reality. The even harder part was saying goodbye to my boyfriend. We usually only see each other on the weekends because he lives in the USA and I am in Canada, so the 9 days of vacation was the most time we had ever spent together. Leaving him and knowing that we will have to go back to weekend visits was so hard.

I was planning on making this bread last night but he surprised me and came up to visit after work! I didn't end up baking last night, but luckily I had made this cake a few weeks prior - even before it was chosen for TWD. I added a streak of streusel through the middle and omitted the raisins and nuts. It was well enjoyed and a definite "will make again" for me.

11 comments:

Peggy said...

Tia, my husband and I dated long distance for two years so I know exactly what you are feeling. But hang in there! Love your loaf cake.

Flourchild said...

Im glad you had a nice trip but sad you had to say goodbye to your man:) Hang in there and take comfort in all this yummy food you bake:) Your cake looks so yummy and I love love your streusel!

Anonymous said...

The swirl of streusel looks great, and I bet it tastes even better!

Kayte said...

It looks just beautiful. I always love swirls like that, you never know exactly how it will look until you cut into it, so there's an added bit of excitement! Looks like art.

Unknown said...

This literally looks Amazing! I'll have to try something similar soon, although I bet mine won't look half as impressive!

Peggy said...

Tia, we lived 3,000 miles apart.. .about as far as we could get and still be in the USA. We only saw each other every 4-6 weeks for two years. It was not easy, but yes, it turned out well for the two of us. I hope it will for you too!

Cakelaw said...

Love the streusel streak!

Anonymous said...

Aw, long-distance is definitely hard. You can do it though, hang in there! My sister and her bf were long-distance all throughout college, and they're still so in love. They say it's worth it! So there's a bit of encouragement for ya! :)
Apples + streusel = awesome Fall cake. Props, tia! looks so moist and delicious!

Katrina said...

Love your streusel swirl in the cake! Glad you had a fun vacation, so hard when they end. sigh
Thanks for your kind words for me and my blog!

Chaya said...

The streusel is a stupendous idea.

TeaLady said...

What a good idea to add the streussal swirl. Have to try that. Looks delicous.