Tuesday, August 31, 2010

TWD: Chocolate Espresso Shortbread





This week, Donna of Life’s Too Short Not to Eat Dessert First picked Espresso Chocolate Shortbread Cookies on page 125. I have been so busy that I almost forgot to post today, but better late than never.

In my world, Shortbread = Holidays. I use the word holidays loosely to include the time from Oct - Christmas, the season that revolves around food the most, in my opinion :)

I used 1/3 cocoa in place of 1/3 cup flour as I wanted these to be very chocolatey. They also reminded me less of Christmas this way.

10 comments:

Criollobylisa said...

Those look tasty! You always have a great twist!

cocoa and coconut said...

Well if your gonna have chocolate why not make it extremely chocolatey?! :)

Great looking results

Nichicakes said...

wow gorgeous! nice addition.

City Share said...

Using chocolate, espresso and shortbread together in one sentence makes me happy. It's fabulous that they are all in one sweet treat. Thanks for sharing.

Mary said...

These look lovely, and are exactly what i was expecting when I misread the recipe. yum!
:)

Jules Someone said...

Oooh! How did they turn out?

Katrina said...

Nice job making them more chocolaty!

Unknown said...

chocolate is a definite YES in my book

Life is too short . . . said...

Did you cut them into rounds or did you roll them into logs and then slice? They look adorable. I especially like the nutty addition in the center. Thanks for baking with me this week.

TeaLady said...

NICE change in the cookie. Bet they were wonderful. But then they ARE chocolate!!!