Tuesday, September 29, 2009

TWD: Chocolate-Crunched Peanut Tart



This recipe was chosen by Carla of Chocolate Moosey. For the recipe, visit her blog or find it in the book "Baking: From My Home to Yours" by Dorie Greenspan.


Caramel-Peanut Layer - before the chocolate ganache gets poured on top


Ta-da! Smooth and silky ganache hiding the delicious caramel underneath

What initially looked like a complicated recipe was actually a simple one that came together quickly. The only thing that required baking was the tart shell. This recipe forced me to try making caramel again and I must say, it was a success! I didn't burn it and I didn't even use a candy thermometer because Dorie's instructions were so great. The only thing I would have done differently is to use the honey roasted peanuts that the recipe called for in the first place. I substituted a mix of unsalted and salted because I couldn't find honey roasted in the bulk food section where I like to get my nuts, so I don't end up with more than I need.

The chocolate ganache portion was too much for the tart filling, so I refrigerated it and used the extra to frost a batch of brownies.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your tart turned out great! I bought the honey roasted peanuts and had way more than I needed and they are way too easy to munch on!

Cathy said...

Beautiful looking tart!

chocolatechic said...

This was so simple.

I just loved it.

Jennifer said...

Wow, I love how pretty the scalloped edge of your crust looks. Mine never looks that good!

I substituted in pecans, and used those in the crust and the caramel and they were really good.

spike. said...

wow, not only is your tart amazing but that sound of those frosted brownies! unbelievable

Wandering Coyote said...

OMG - this looks incredible!!

Leslie said...

Wow, your crust looks perfect! And I love how your tart turned out. I also thought this was pretty easy, and very impressive.

Susan said...

Your tart looks so beautiful. I am going to have to break down and buy a tart pan. I used a springform pan. Tasted great, just didn't look as pretty. :)