Sunday, June 27, 2010

DB: Pink Pavlova Cookies





The June 2010 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Dawn of Doable and Delicious. Dawn challenged the Daring Bakers’ to make Chocolate Pavlovas and Chocolate Mascarpone Mousse. The challenge recipe is based on a recipe from the book Chocolate Epiphany by Francois Payard.

I took some liberties with this recipe because of the group I was cooking for. They are not chocolate fans so I had to adapt and also to fit the them
e of a 21st birthday. It turned out pretty well and I'm pretty pleased.
1) I didn't do the chocolate part of this recipe. Instead I went with vanilla flavoring and colored these pretty in pink.
2) They were filled with a whipped sweetened cream cheese filling.
3) I made them cookie sized - individual sizes pavlovas.

Next time I'll try the chocolate version. Thanks for a great challenge! I made these ahead of time and only put the filling in at the last minute. Sorry, no pics of the filled version, it was too rushed at serving time to snap any pictures.

9 comments:

Valerie Gamine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie said...

I want to see the filled version! Very cute though, love the hearts!

Audax said...

Your pipping skills are very high that last photo is stunning and I bet it went down well at the 21st bravo on your creativity. Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

Unknown said...

I think they look sweet and adorable - great job with the choice of shape!

chef_d said...

I love the pink colored meringues...the finished product must be sooooooo pretty :)

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Your cookies are indeed pink, pretty and perfect.

I make a lot of these as they are my daighter's favourite meringues. :)

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

I love them in pink! Very pretty!

Elle said...

I'm sure they were even more delightful once filled...super gorgeous this way, too.

Lisa said...

What a great idea to make pavlova cookies! I cannot pipe to save my life so I appreciate those who can. Love the pink color! BTW..I think I've mentioned this before, but I adore the name of your blog!