Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies



I hope everyone had a great Christmas filled with sugar and delicious baking. I am pretty sure everyone has either made these or eaten these cookies at some point in their lives. Easy, pretty and always welcome at any gathering. If you happen to be someone who has not tried one, NOW IS THE TIME! Especially since holiday chocolates are now 50% off everywhere. Buy yourself a bag of Reese's mini PB cups and get to baking! I have a hard time resisting post-holiday chocolate sales, so while my boyfriend was at work I spent the day at the mall.

Depending on how peanut-buttery I want them, I use either peanut butter cookie dough, shortbread cookie dough or sugar cookie dough. The recipe below is for PB dough. Now I'm going to decide what to make us for dinner. Yum!!!

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Makes 40

1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
40 mini chocolate covered peanut butter cups, unwrapped

1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine flour, salt and baking soda.

2.Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture and mix well. Shape into 40 balls and place each into an ungreased mini muffin pan.

3.Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball. Cool and carefully remove from pan.

14 comments:

Kayte said...

These are so cute!

TeaLady said...

THESE look fantastic!!!

Cakelaw said...

Yummo - these look delicious! Hope you had a great Xmas, and wishing you a happy new year.

cocoa and coconut said...

No actually, I've never tasted these before..but I sure would love too! I love the idea of filling up cookies (or cakes) with chocolate surprises. Delicious!

Ps. Love your blog makeover

Peggy said...

Your cookies look delicious. Thanks for your comments and it was a joy to bake along with you on TWD. Have a happy new year!

Anonymous said...

I like the new banner for your blog! I just noticed it :) These cookies look delish--i love pb and chocolate together :)

Michelle said...

wow!

Michelle said...

Tia, I made a copy cat recipe. you had mentioned possibly starting club back up! http://somethingnewiscooking.blogspot.com/2011/12/copy-cat-cracker-barrel-baked-macaroni.html

Jacque said...

I'm pretty sure I would love these. Nice work.

Michele said...

Those look DELICIOUS! I love peanut butter cups. I have never made these before. Thanks for the recipe. ;)

Tia said...

Michelle - I have included your copycat recipe for my Jan/12 round up. thanks!!!

Cindy said...

Just my two favorite flavors wrapped up in a yummy cookie. Perfect
Have a Happy New Year!
Thanks for all your kind comments. TWD has been an awesome baking group. It has been an honor to belong.

Koko @ Koko Likes said...

OH MY GOSH these look SO good. Like I want one right now good. YUMMY!

Restaurant Brugge said...

good recipe thanks