Tuesday, February 9, 2010

TWD: Rick Katz's Brownies for Julia



Pardon the blurry picture, I was in a bit of a rush. My son got to have one of these for breakfast (hence the green froggy bowl in the picture). Im not fussy about what he eats as long as he eats something. My doctor told me that kids are smart that way - they know what they need and one week they might eat ONLY bread but then another week they might eat only meat and it ends up working out in the end. Our only responsibility as parents is to offer a variety of each food group at every meal and set good examples by eating a balanced diet ourselves. So there, I justified giving my kid a brownie for breakfast :)

They are great even without nuts! I think nuts would detract from their deliciousness. They are fudgy and moist, not cakey. I baked mine in a larger tray so they are thinner than a lot of the other TWD bakers' brownies this week. Mainly so they would bake faster and therefore I could eat them faster. Tsk tsk shame on me :)



I wish the picture could show you how dense and moist these are. Fudgy, dense, intensely chocolaty. For the recipe check out the host of this week's TWD: Tanya of Chocolatechic.

***TIP*** Use a plastic knife to cut brownies. The slippery surface of the plastic helps you get cleaner cuts. Some plastic knives can be quite sharp, depending on the serrations. Choose a sharp plastic knife if possible.

12 comments:

Cathy said...

These look delicious!

April said...

Mmmmmm...chocolate...

Leslie said...

Yummy! Yours look extra fudgy, which is never a bad thing!

Teanna said...

Cooking them in a larger pan to hurry up the baking process?! You, my friend, are a brilliant lady!

Jeannette said...

Ok, seriously... these look like pure awesome!!

And I can't fault you for letting your baby have a brownie for breakfast when I have done it plenty of times. Speaking of, I had two chocolate chip cookies for breakfast ;)

Follow Me Foodie said...

Hi Tia! Do you sell your stuff? Or take orders? You should!! Send me a message!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

They look fabulous! :)

Pamela said...

Whoa...your brownies look seriously good. I'm with you on the food thing and the kids. You can't sweat it and they keep growing. I know they are getting everything they need. Nice job!

Katrina said...

What a lucky kid to get a brownie for breakfast! ;)
I'll have to try that tip about slicing with a plastic knife.

Amanda said...

Great tip about the plastic knife! These look wonderful!

Gracie said...

Nice to hear you parent like I do. My son is 17 now and turned out just fine with the occational brownie breakfast!!!

TeaLady said...

That first picture says it all. They do look deep, dark, and delicious and indescribably fudgey.