Tuesday, February 2, 2010

TWD: Milk Chocolate Bundt Cake





This week Kristin of the blog "I’m Right About Everything" picked Milk Chocolate Mini Bundt Cakes, pages 188 and 189. Check out her blog for the recipe.

I don't have mini Bundt cake pans and despite how cute mini pans are, I don't have any more cupboard space for cake pans. If I did - WHOA that would be a whole new story - I would own every pan under the sun including the Wilton giant cupcake pan, the Williams-Sonoma sandcastle, mini-Bundts, etc. You know how in Sex and the City, the women want really big closets, well, I would love a really big kitchen instead! With a double-oven and a separate wok-kitchen.



For this week's recipe, I doubled the recipe and added chunks of chopped up caramel covered chocolates to the walnut chocolate streusel in the middle of the cake. I also used a simple ganache to ice the cake. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the cross-section of the cake since my mom brought the whole thing to work for a department meeting. I didn't get a chance to taste it so I'll just have to trust that it was delicious and read about it on other TWD Blogs. I did notice that the texture was nicely tight-crumbed and I had no Bundt pan sticking issues. I wonder if anyone did a white chocolate version. Hm... something more to add to my "to bake" list.

13 comments:

Mary said...

You did make it--I came over and had a look when I was up ridiculously early this morning! I think you're going to get fabulous feedback from your mom's work, because it looks great, and the caramel inside-mmmm!

chocolatechic said...

Wonderful job.

I halved the recipe and used muffin tins.

I also tweaked the recipe a bit.

Sabrina said...

You did a great job!! It looks delicious!!! :)

Pamela said...

Chopped up chocolate covered caramel?? You are my hero! Nice job.

Cindy said...

I'm with you, two ovens, a big pantry, and every cooking pan at WS! Sorry you didn't get a bite of this it was so good. I like the caramel addition.

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

oh yum! chocolate covered caramel chunks sound divine in this!

Paula said...

Your mom has lucky coworkers!

Catherine said...

Oh this looks SO good... the caramel chunks on the top set it off perfectly :) I think the white chocolate one would be divine also mmmm...

Food For Tots said...

What a sinful indulgence! I don't mind the extra calories if I can have a slice. Looks so tempting! ;)

steph- whisk/spoon said...

looks great as a big bundt!!

AmyRuth said...

Yes, you just scored big points for your Mom!!! She will be knocking on your door again. hehe
Your cake looks fabulous and I know it was delicious.
Great job!
AmyRuth

Unknown said...

I am so with you on the really big kitchen! who needs fancy clothes when you can have sweet treats!

I missed this week's recipe, but yours looks great!

The Queen of Quite a Lot said...

It looks great! Thanks so much for baking with me this week!