Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Olive Garden's Alfredo Sauce



The focus of my blog is sweets, baking and desserts. I don't often include "real food", but I just had to share this recipe with you. This is a simple recipe with outstanding results. This creamy, rich, flavorful sauce is definitely not diet food, but it's worth the splurge once in a while. I made it a little healthier by adding some fresh steamed broccoli and grilled chicken strips.

I am also including this recipe in my Copycat Club round-up on April 7th. Please check out my link under my banner for Copycat Club info - all blog links welcome!

Olive Garden's Alfredo Sauce
adapted from Food.com

5 tablespoons butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese

1. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium/low heat. Add the garlic, cream, white pepper and bring mixture to a simmer. Stir often. Add the Parmesan cheese and simmer sauce for 8-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened and is smooth. When sauce has thickened add the Mozzarella cheese and stirring frequently.

2. Serve over pasta. [I added cooked broccoli florets and grilled chicken].

No comments: