Thursday, May 26, 2011

Homemade Pita Chips



I was inspired to make my own pita chips after trying Stacy's Pita Chips - Simply Naked. They are simple and clean tasting and I could scarf down a whole bag just plain, no dip needed. They are that good. I love the satisfying crunch you get when you bite into one of these. The Neely's of the Food Network



Pita Chips
adapted from The Neely's

3 pitas (I used whole wheat)
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, smashed (optional)
freshly ground sea salt

Preheat heat oven to 375 degrees F.

Using scissors, trim around the perimeter of the pitas then pull the 2 circles apart. Cut each circle into 8 wedges (you will have 48 wedges in total). Pour olive oil into a bowl and add garlic, salt. Brush pita chips olive oil mixture.

Arrange pita chips on baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, rotating and tossing midway through baking time.

No comments: