Friday, May 27, 2011

Strawberry Marble Cheesecake



Pretty swirls of pink run through this mousse-like cheesecake. It is lighter and fluffier than most cheesecakes, making it a perfect spring dessert. This makes use of the fresh strawberries available this time of year. However, feel free to use frozen berries (thaw and drain excess water first) or raspberries or blueberries or a mixture.



The only change I would recommend to the recipe is that rather than dropping the strawberry topping all on top before swirling it in, I would alternate the layers between cheesecake, pureed berries, cheesecake, berries, for a better distribution of strawberry throughout.



Strawberry Marble Cheesecake
9" Cake | adapted from Cooking Light

3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted butter 2 cups cottage cheese, well drained
1/4 cup flour
2 cups (16 ounces) light cream cheese, well softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 eggs
1/2 cup strawberries
1 teaspoon water

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Combine graham crackers with 1/3 cup sugar and 1/3 cup butter. Press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.

2. Place cottage cheese in a food processor, and process until smooth. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, cream cheese, and sugar in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at low speed until smooth. Beat in cottage cheese and vanilla. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour cheese mixture into prepared pan.

3. Combine strawberries and water in a blender, and process until smooth. Swirl strawberry mixture into cheese mixture using the tip of a knife. Bake at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees F (do not remove cheesecake from oven); bake an additional 45 minutes or until cheesecake center barely moves when pan is touched. Remove cheesecake from oven; run a knife around the outside edge. Cool to room temperature then cover and chill fully - overnight is best.

10 comments:

raquel.erecipe said...

I adore this cheese cake actually I am craving now, I will call my husband and help me find a cheese cake on bakery store lol. I love it the picture is great.
free nutritional information for your recipe

Unknown said...

This looks so beautiful and delicious too! I've never made a cheesecake with cottage cheese, sounds so interesting!

meghan @ scratch-made wife said...

Wow! This looks soooo good. I've been looking for a strawberry marble cake recipe, but now I'm thinking I should make a cheesecake instead!

Natalie said...

You can tell from the picture that it's super light and fluffy! Yum!

Biren @ Roti n Rice said...

This looks really good whether the strawberry mixture is layered or swirl at the top. I would love to have a slice.

Thanks for visiting my blog! Hope you will visit again soon.

Anonymous said...

Cheesecake is my absolute favorite dessert! I love that the strawberry is marbled into the cheesecake mixture! Yummy! :D

Catalina said...

It sounds amazing! Cheesecake and strawberries...that's my dream coming true :) Yours is beautiful! The idea of alternating the layers is pretty good, too, even though I like how the cheesecake looks even without it :)

Jannett said...

This cheesecake sounds and looks wonderful ;o)

Connie the Cookie Monster said...

OMG i love cheesecake! good job tia this looks great!

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

Tia, it's hard to believe that a cheesecake this beautiful can be "light", but I know it's true cuz Cooking Light recipes achieve that goal each and every time. Was just reading a C.L. cookbook last night! Thanks for sharing!