Sunday, November 21, 2010

Peanut Butter Cup Brownies





I finally did it - I bought a domain name for this blog: www.buttercreambarbie.com - Now all I have to do is figure out all the little things relating to the switch-over so that all the old links work and nothing gets lost in transition. I wish I were more tech-smart sometimes, but i'll muddle my way through. If anyone has any good tips they've learned along the way about setting up their own domain, I would love to hear them.

This weekend was been really productive for me. It feels so satisfying to get through a lot of those little things, tying up those loose ends around the house. It's amazing how long all those little things can take. I'm exhausted! I also wrapped a bunch of Christmas presents (yes, I have already done a lot of my Christmas shopping), and addressed all my Christmas cards. I had to refrain from putting the wreath up on the door as it's still technically November :) Lastly, I even had some time to bake up a quick batch of Peanut Butter Cup Brownies.

As you can see, these brownies didn’t look so pretty in the pan, but once they were cut and you could see the cross section they were prettier. They were dense with a chewy, peanut buttery kick combined with a little added crunch from the rice krispies cereal and peanuts mixed in.



Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
Makes 9 x 13" Pan | adapted from How Sweet blog

1 batch brownies (boxed mix or any 9" pan brownie recipe)
1/2 cup salted peanuts
1 cup chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups
1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix brownies according to directions, and bake for 20-25 minutes in a greased 9 x 13" baking dish. They will be thinner than brownies you are used to since the batter is spread into a large pan than the standard 9". Remove and top with peanuts and peanut butter cups then bake for 4-6 minutes more.

2. While they are finishing baking, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Stir in cereal. Remove brownies from oven and evenly pour chocolate mixture over top. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

This look so moist and yummy. I know the kids would like this.

Danielle said...

Tia these look reallyy good! Really moist and delicious(: I'll have to make these soon. I love peanut butter cups.

Unknown said...

Wow these look amazing! And YOUR amazing for already getting Christmas shopping done :) I havent bought one thing yet!! But will this weekend! Yay for Black Friday :)

scrambledhenfruit said...

I wish I had my Christmas shopping done! Those brownies look yummy- I love the addition of the Rice Krispies and peanuts along with the peanut butter cups. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new domain name.

The one thing you should be aware of is the downtime while the domain name servers do their thing. I recommend doing the change on historically slow traffic days (check your stats)

Fortunately, it's quite easy to set up in Blogger, and Blogger keeps all of your old links so there's nothing to worry about.

My recommended approach if you require assistance:

1. Bake a batch of these brownies.

2. Call a friend familiar with blogger for a visit.*

* if your friend is out of town, send brownies via Canada Post.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Mmm... I wish for a slice of your brownie! I think Canadians are allowed to put up Christmas decorations in November as we already had our Thanksgiving holiday!

Jamie said...

I made these brownies a couple months ago...my recipe was called "Better than crack brownies" :)