Wednesday, October 6, 2010
This is a really easy recipe, especially if you have pre-made pizza dough on hand. Domino's Cinna Stix are just like savory breadsticks except instead of the garlic/cheese on top and a side of pizza sauce, they are sprinkled with a a cinnamon-sugar mixture and a side of sweet, vanilla icing for dipping. Me being a sucker for anything cinnamon, I think these are delicious.
When you're making your own pizza, make a little extra dough and try some of your own home made CinnaStix for literally, pennies! Check out and join in the monthly Copycat Club (see link in my header).
Makes 8 sticks
1 package prepared pizza crust (or your favorite dough recipe)
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Icing for dipping
1 lb powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Roll out pizza dough into a large rectangle.
3. Brush melted margarine liberally over the dough. Slice the dough into either long sticks, or cut dough in half, and then slice into smaller sticks. Place on an lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until done.
4. In a small bowl combine sugar, and cinnamon, mix well. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture liberally over the hot breadsticks straight out of the oven.
5. While the sticks are cooking mix together the powdered sugar, milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Serve on the side for dipping.