Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Domino's CinnaStix Copycat



This is a really easy recipe, especially if you have pre-made pizza dough on hand. Domino's Cinna Stix are just like savory breadsticks except instead of the garlic/cheese on top and a side of pizza sauce, they are sprinkled with a a cinnamon-sugar mixture and a side of sweet, vanilla icing for dipping. Me being a sucker for anything cinnamon, I think these are delicious.

When you're making your own pizza, make a little extra dough and try some of your own home made CinnaStix for literally, pennies! Check out and join in the monthly Copycat Club (see link in my header).

Domino's Cinnastix
Makes 8 sticks

1 package prepared pizza crust (or your favorite dough recipe)
1/4 cup melted butter

1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Icing for dipping
1 lb powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Roll out pizza dough into a large rectangle.
3. Brush melted margarine liberally over the dough. Slice the dough into either long sticks, or cut dough in half, and then slice into smaller sticks. Place on an lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until done.
4. In a small bowl combine sugar, and cinnamon, mix well. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture liberally over the hot breadsticks straight out of the oven.
5. While the sticks are cooking mix together the powdered sugar, milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Serve on the side for dipping.

8 comments:

kitchen flavours said...

This looks good, and easy too. Domino's Cinna Stix over here are a little bit different. They do not serve this with the dipping, if I recall correctly! This will be great for an after school snack. Thanks for sharing! The badge is lovely!

Anonymous said...

Oh my son loves these! He'll be so happy if I can make them at home. Love your new badge Tia, I'm going to go put it on my site now.

Danielle said...

I love these! Thanks for the recipe

scrambledhenfruit said...

These look yummy! I'm looking forward to all of the copycat recipes!

Natasha @ Saved by the Egg Timer said...

Yummo! My daughter will be so happy when I make these, wonder if you can use butter and parm for the regular ones too?

Anonymous said...

I have to buy some dough. If I can make it easier, I plan to do so. These look like a snack treat.

Thanks for taking care of the Copycat.

Anonymous said...

You need to lightly put melted butter on them before and after baking. You also need to try and score them instead of cutting them into strips to be more authentic.

Anonymous said...

wow thanks for sharing your success. would be delicious with hot chocolate or hot apple cider !